What if You Have an Undergraduate Degree in Journalism?

If you have an undergraduate degree in journalism, we at Entablature recommend that you consider a graduate program in another field, such as international relations or public policy. This will arm you with knowledge that complements your journalism training, thus rendering you a more effective journalist.

If you do have an undergraduate degree in journalism and want to do graduate work in the field no matter what, then we strongly suggest that you think about a specialty that you want to pursue, such as business and economics, science/medical news, politics or legal reporting. We at Entablature recommend as much because - in this increasingly complex world — it helps to know a lot about a few things in addition to knowing something about a lot of things.

Remember, there’s usually more than one ''right'' way to do things.